Post a video or photo to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
Tell us why you made the switch to Ivoclar Vivadent Teeth
Tag post with #wemadetheswitch & #ivoclarvivadentna
We Made the Switch Social Media Promotion
(“Promotion” or “Contest”)
We Made the Switch Social Media Promotion (“Promotion” or “Contest”)
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY ENTERING CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF SPONSOR, WHICH SHAL BE FINAL IN ALL ASPECTS.
2. PROMOTION TERM. The Promotion begins at 12:01 AM EST, September 20, 2021 and ends at 11:59 PM EST, November 5, 2021. For purposes of these Official Rules, all times are Eastern Standard Time (EST).
3. SPONSOR: The sponsor is Ivoclar Vivadent, Inc. 175 Pineview Drive, Amherst, NY 14228, USA (“Sponsor”).
4. HOW TO ENTER. Entrant must upload an Ivoclar Vivadent teeth photo or video that says "We made the switch because…(insert their personal reason) to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. In addition, they need to use #wemadetheswitch and #ivoclarvivadentna on the social media channel used in order to receive one (1) entry into the Contest. All entries must be submitted by 11:59 pm ET on November 5, 2021 in order to be eligible. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook®, Twitter®, or Amazon®. Entrant understands that he/she is supplying their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook®, Twitter®, or Amazon®.
Photo Requirements - each photo:
Alternatively, an entrant can send an entry through this website: wemadetheswitch_contest_free ballot : Ivoclarvivadent One entry per person and email account. All entries must be submitted by 11:59 pm ET on November 5, 2021 in order to be eligible.
NOTE: If any entry fails to comply with any of the entry requirements or the photo requirements or any other provisions or any other of these Official Rules, Sponsor shall reserve the right to disqualify the entrant.
Neither Sponsor nor any person or party affiliated with the running of the Contest is responsible for any online entry that is lost, late, misdirected or undeliverable, whether due to system errors, omissions, interruption, deletions, defects, delay in operations or transmissions, theft or destruction or failures, faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions, entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors and failures, faulty transmissions, technical malfunctions, or otherwise.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the Facebook® account, Twitter® account, or e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the account/e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning the account/e-mail address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Any attempt by any entrant to enter by using multiple/different addresses, identities, logins and/or any other methods may void that entrant's entry, and that entrant may be disqualified from the Contest. All entries (including all intellectual property rights embodied therein) shall become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor has no obligation to acknowledge receipt of or to return any entries received.
5. PARTICIPATION AND ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible to enter and win, entrants must be legal residents of the U.S. or Canada, 18 years of age or older, and be a licensed dentist, lab technician, or own or manage a dental laboratory, on the date of entry. Failure to satisfy these eligibility requirements, or providing incomplete, inaccurate, or ineligible responses or entry forms, or failure to comply with the Official Rules, will result in an invalid entry; such entries are voided at the sole discretion of Sponsor. All winning entries drawn are subject to verification from Sponsor, or its representatives or designees, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Employees, officers, directors, or agents of Sponsor, or any advertising/promotional agencies, and its and their respective parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries, and the members of such individuals’ immediate families (whether biological, adoptive, step, or in-law) or those persons living in the same household of such individuals are ineligible to enter or win.
All federal, provincial, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Maximum of one (1) entry per dentist, laboratory technician or lab manager or owner will be deemed eligible. Any attempt by any entrant to enter by using multiple/different addresses, identities, logins and/or any other methods may void that entrant's entry, and that entrant may be disqualified from the Promotion. All entries shall become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor has no obligation to acknowledge receipt of or to return any entries received.
6. DRAWING. All eligible entries received during the Term will receive a unique reference number that will be used to identify the winners. The winners will be entered by a random drawing, to be conducted weekly from September 20 to November 5, 2021 by Sponsor. Odds of winning a prize are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Selection of the winners will be a random drawing conducted or supervised by Sponsor, or its representatives or designees, from all eligible entries received. Entries must be received by the close date listed above to be eligible. All eligible entries submitted will be eligible for the prize drawing. The prize drawing winners will be identified by the hashtag used on their social media account or email if they entered on the specified entry landing page or based on the submission through the alternative method of entry. If the entry was on social media, they will receive a direct message on the channel that was utilized. This may be the only means of contact if the sponsor cannot identify the entrant's name.
If a winner cannot be contacted, or does not respond to notification, claim the prize, and satisfy the other conditions of the Official Rules, then Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, retain the prize or select a replacement winning entry at random. The winner has three days to respond to notification before forfeiting the prize. Sponsor is not obligated to select a replacement winning entry.
7. PRIZE. Sponsor will select six (6) winners to win a $500 Amazon gift card, which will be delivered to the winner via shipping company or hand delivered if possible by an Ivoclar Vivadent territory manager to the address provided by entrant. The prizes shall be awarded within 30 days from the date of confirmation of notification of the prize winner and satisfaction by winner of the conditions included in the Official Rules.
8. OFFICIAL RULES AND ODDS OF WINNING. At all times, Sponsor reserves the right to change the Official Rules and any other aspects of the Promotion, in its sole discretion and without notice. By participating, entrants agree to the Official Rules, as may be amended, updated, or modified from time to time by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and to the decisions of the Sponsor and the drawing judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. A copy of these Official Rules, as may be amended, updated, or modified from time to time in Sponsor’s sole discretion, is available on Sponsor’s website at www.ivoclarvivadent.com. In the case of entrants in Quebec Canada, Sponsor, will makes such changes with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in Quebec.
The odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received for the Promotion. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no substitution (in cash or otherwise) for the prize.
9. WARRANTY AND INDEMNITY. By completing an entry, the entrant: (i) warrants and represents that he/she has read these Official Rules, is eligible to participate in the Contest and agrees to be bound thereby; (ii) warrants and represents that all of the information provided in his/her entry is accurate,(iii) warrants and represents that all privacy laws and HIPAA laws were followed in creating and submitting an entry, and attests that he/she has received any permission necessary to take, post or share any information included in an entry; (iv) warrants and represents that the entry is the original work of the entrant and will not violate any third party’s legal rights (including without limitation rights of copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right, privacy and/or publicity), and/or any applicable law; (v) represents and warrants that the entry does not contain any disabling device, virus, worm, back door or other disruptive or malicious code that may or are intended to impair their intended performance or otherwise permit unauthorized access to, hamper, delete or damage any computer system, software, network or data; (vi) warrants and represents that his/her entry has not been sold, published or submitted to another promotion; (vii) has obtained proper consent from any third party to appear in the photo and the entrant and the third party consent to the use of his/her name and/or likeness(es), and/or pictures or likeness(es) by the Sponsor and its respective authorized representatives for promotional purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes (whether online, in print or through any other media now known or hereafter developed) or any other purpose(s), or to choose not to do so, without additional compensation, and unless prohibited by law; and (viii) agrees that, if selected as a prize winner, entrant will be solely responsible for any and all resulting tax consequences.
Each entrant further agrees to release and hold harmless entities involved in the running of the Contest from and against any and all claims that any advertising subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor infringes entrant's rights with regard to any entry. Any entry that does not comply with these Official Rules or that otherwise contained prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, may be disqualified, and if posted on any websites related to this Contest, removed therefrom.
10. USE OF SUBMISSION. By submitting an entry, an entrant agrees that his/her entry is gratuitous and made without restriction and will not place Sponsor under any obligation and that Sponsor is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to the entrant. Entrant acknowledges that, by acceptance of his/her entry, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than the entrant. Entrant agrees that Sponsor may post the entry on its website or other social media accounts. All entrant information submitted in an entry may be used by Sponsor for marketing and contact purposes after the Contest, and for direct marketing purposes by Sponsor.
Further, entrants understand and agree that, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, entries may be posted to the Sponsor's website or other websites and public locations associated with the Contest, including Sponsor’s social media channels. Sponsor’s decision to post a photo or any other portion of an entry to its website, Facebook page(s), or other Sponsor’s webpage or social media sites does not mean that the entrant that submitted the selected photo has been selected as a winning entry.
Except where prohibited by law, by submitting an entry, each entrant grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, unconditional, world-wide, license to use, distribute, distribute display, adapt, edit, and/or modify all information and images/photos submitted in any way (including, but not limited to, any commercial or non-commercial purpose) in whole
or in part, in any and all media, without limitation, and without further consideration, whether or not such entrant is selected as a prize winner. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the nonexclusive rights entrant is granting to use the entry. This license expressly includes a right (but not the obligation) for Sponsor to modify entries to remove any third party intellectual property or to remove entries in their entirety.
11. TAXES AND SUBSTITUTION; OTHER RESTRICTIONS. All federal, provincial, state, local or other tax liabilities arising from this Contest are the sole responsibility of each winner, respectively, and the winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 (or comparable form for Canada) for the retail value of the prize. A prize will not be released until the winner provides accurate and complete tax documents, and any other required documentation, that are necessary as determined by the Sponsor. No substitution of prize is offered or permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. No transfer of prize is permitted. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded and will be retained by Sponsor. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
12. CONSTRUCTION, WAIVER AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION. This Contest is offered only to licensed U.S. dentists and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts for Erie County, New York. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, such determination shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision, and these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. Any specific waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of that obligation nor of any other obligation of entrant.
13. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. All entrants agree to and will comply with the Official Rules. All winners will also be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and a Publicity Release, within fourteen (14) days of claiming the prize. In the event of non-compliance with these requirements, winner may be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be selected at random in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not obligated to select an alternate winner. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or suspend any portion of the Promotion for any reason, including if unauthorized human intervention, or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Promotion. In such event, the winner of the prize, if the Promotion continues and Sponsor elects to draw a winner, will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination or suspension. For Canadian participants: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion and with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in Quebec, to cancel, terminate, or suspend any portion of the Promotion should unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Promotion. In such event, and if Sponsor choses to continue the Promotion, the winners of the prizes will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination or suspension. Each eligible winner will be required to correctly answer a time- limited arithmetical skill question to be administered by phone at a mutually convenient time. The skill testing question must be answered without assistance or mechanical aid.
14. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or its parent companies or subsidiaries, or its and their respective affiliates, directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents (“Sponsor Parties”), resulting from entrant's participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest. Sponsor Parties are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the announcement or awarding of the prizes (where applicable) or in any Contest-related materials. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree (a) to release Sponsor Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such entrant's participation in the Contest; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. By accepting any prize, winner (a) agrees that Sponsor Parties will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest; from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize and (b) grants (and agrees to confirm grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority, and each of their respective designees the right to use his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements, and biographical information, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including the Internet, without review, notification or approval, or additional compensation or consideration of any kind, unless prohibited by law. Prior to accepting a prize, winners also agree that it is a condition of being eligible for a prize, a winner must provide a signed release to use his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements, and biographical information. Sponsor Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest is canceled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a “Force Majeure Event”).
16. QUEBEC RESIDENTS. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
17. WINNER LIST. For notification of the prize winner, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope by January 31, 2021 to: We Made the Switch Social Media Contest-Marketing-Cranston, Ivoclar Vivadent, Inc., 175 Pineview Drive, Amherst, NY 14228. All requests for winner lists must be mailed and received by Sponsor after the Contest is over but not later than three (3) months after the Contest is over.
18. SUNSHINE ACT. This event is subject to the data collection requirements under the Affordable Care Act of 2010 – Physician Payments Sunshine provisions. Cooperation by Covered Recipients in providing the required information is greatly appreciated.
19. SPONSOR. For Canadian winners the prize will be distributed by Ivoclar Vivadent, Inc., 6600 Dixie Road, Suite 1, Mississauga, Ontario L5T 2Y2, Canada.