"Promote the best possible quality of life for everyone." The vision that motivated our company founders in Zurich in 1923 continues to be the source of our passion and inspiration today. Since the 1930’s the company has been domiciled in the Principality of Liechtenstein, where it has been expanding continuously. We opened our first international subsidiary in Germany in 1954. Vivadent Ets. was founded in 1956 and the Williams company in Buffalo (USA) was acquired in 1987.
In order to effectively meet the challenges of the dental industry, we consolidated our business with Williams and Vivadent in 2001 to form Ivoclar Vivadent AG, the company we know today. We think big, and we primarily invest in research and development. In order to ensure the best possible solutions, we collaborate intensively with renowned universities, research institutes and dental experts throughout the world.
Successful products such as the IPS e.max all-ceramic system, the revolutionary Tetric restorative material and the first intelligent polymerization light called Bluephase are a case in point. We are committed to supporting dental professionals in developing their knowledge and expertise and in honing their skills to perfection. Our commitment comes in the form of numerous education and training offerings around the world.
In 2017, Kapanu AG, a Swiss augmented reality specialist, came on board. Together we are doing research and developing digital solutions that will simplify and revolutionize the way in which dental professionals do their work.
We have developed integrated solutions composed of smart systems, advanced training and education, value-added services and passionate partnerships.