The protective varnish containing chlorhexidine and thymol protects exposed root surfaces and controls bacteria.
The caries risk rises if the number of mutans streptococci increases significantly in the mouth. In these cases, routine oral hygiene measures, professional tooth cleaning and fluoridation do not adequately protect the teeth from damage.
The Cervitec Plus varnish system, which contains the effective combination of the active ingredients chlorhexidine and thymol, allows you to selectively control these germs and therefore reduce an important caries risk factor [1-5]. The transparent varnish works spot on [6-8]. It helps to maintain the high quality of teeth and precision restorations for a long time [9-15].
- Protection of teeth
- Generally, Cervitec Plus is applied every three months [4; 8; 9]. If intensive treatment is required, however, the varnish may also be applied more frequently [16; 17].
- Exposed root surfaces [18; 19].
- Hypersensitive cervicals [20; 21].
- Bacterial activity on tooth surfaces [6; 16; 22-30].
- 1% chlorhexidine and 1% thymol in a homogenous solution
- Works spot on [6-8]
- Colourless, transparent clear varnish
Benefits for the practice team
- Effective bacterial control [1-4; 22; 24; 31; 32]
- Treatment of difficult-to-reach areas [5; 9; 16; 17; 22; 33-58]
- Optimum esthetics in the anterior region